Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amilkarigi
Helper I
Helper I

Measure Misunderstanding

Hi, I'm trying to create a measure that calculates my top 10 buyers/customers who have bought an specific product (my top product from an specific year) which is calculated with another measure called Mas Vendidos, so here is my code:

Top Clientes = 
VAR
    Prod = [Mas Vendido]
VAR
    Cliente = VALUES(Clientes[CompanyName])
RETURN
    CALCULATE([Ventas Total];
        FILTER(Cliente;
            RANKX(ALL(Clientes[CompanyName]); [Ventas Total];;DESC) <= 10); Productos[ProductName] = Prod)

The thing is it returns an error:

"...a table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected"

And if I delete the Prod variable and change it at the end with "Halter Dress" (my top product) then it is correct.

Top Clientes P = 
VAR
    Cliente = VALUES(Clientes[CompanyName])
RETURN
    CALCULATE([Ventas Total];
        FILTER(Cliente;
            RANKX(ALL(Clientes[CompanyName]); [Ventas Total];;DESC) <= 10); Productos[ProductName] = "Halter Dress")

PSD: Mas Vendidos Code:

Mas Vendido = TOPN(1; ALL(Productos[ProductName]); [Ventas Total];DESC)

Error (with Prod variable)Error (with Prod variable)What I want it to show (with "Halter Dress" instead of Prod variable)What I want it to show (with "Halter Dress" instead of Prod variable)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mattbrice
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I believe the error is because Dax engine has detected that your TOPN function in "Mas Vendido" could return more than one value (in a tie situation)  So I think you eithe either need to test if "Prod" variable has more than one row and respond accordingly, or perhaps wrap it in a FIRSTNONBLANK call like so:

Mas Vendido = FIRSTNONBLANK ( TOPN(1; ALL(Productos[ProductName]); [Ventas Total];DESC), 1 )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mattbrice
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I believe the error is because Dax engine has detected that your TOPN function in "Mas Vendido" could return more than one value (in a tie situation)  So I think you eithe either need to test if "Prod" variable has more than one row and respond accordingly, or perhaps wrap it in a FIRSTNONBLANK call like so:

Mas Vendido = FIRSTNONBLANK ( TOPN(1; ALL(Productos[ProductName]); [Ventas Total];DESC), 1 )

Thanks a lot. It solved my problem just how i wanted it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.