Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HenryJS
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Measure Looks To Different Table

Hi all,

I have created a measure 'Placements' which looks to a different table to all other measures/columns.

It doesn't show the data correctly it only shows the total on every row?

I have created a data connection to UserName as per image 2

please advise

1. Measure

Different Table.PNG

2. Data Relationship

Data Relationship.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HenryJS ,

You could set the relationship to be active or use USERELATIONSHIP() function.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-eachen-msft  @TCarrasquillo 

I've made the relationship active but I'm still having the same problem.

As you can see the Placements measure is looking up to a different table to other measures. I have made a relationship from 'Export Jobs' to the UNION table on username but not getting the required result?

1. Relationship active

Active1.PNG

2. Edit relationship

Active3.PNG

3. Placements DAX - looks up to different table

Active2.PNG

@HenryJS ,

It might be helpful to let everyone know what you are expecting from the measure.
From what it looks like, the formula is looking at the Export Actions table, if you want it to look at a different table, like the Export actions  - hist.. table then you need to change that in the dax. It would probably help if the 2 tables didn't have names that were so similar.

Your problem could also be the many to many relationship, if there's no way to make the relationship a 1 to many, then you should try to set the direction based on how you want to filter the tables. See my example below...

Capture1.PNG

TCarrasquillo
Helper II
Helper II

Your problem might be that the relationships aren't active, both the lines between your tables are dotted/dashed, meaning inactive.

You might need to figure out how to make at least one of them active.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.