Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ogend
Helper I
Helper I

Measure: Amount for All Future Years

Hello Guys, 

Hopefuly this  is an easy question: 

I have a fact table with 'Amount' and 'DueDate' columns.

I created a calendar table , linked Calendar[Date] with the FactTable[DueDate] and I am using  Calendar[Year] as a report slicer. I want to have two columns in a matrix report: 'Due this year' (based on slicer selection) and 'due All future years' (relative to slicer selection).

I am struggling with "All Future Years". I belive i have to use All (Calendar[Date] ) to get rid of the year slicer context and then filter on something like Calendar[Date] > Lastdate of the year selected through the slicer, but I had no luck figuring out the syntax. 

Can you please help? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ogend  ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment) for you, please check whether that is what you want.

1. Delete the relationship between Calendar and Facttable

yingyinr_0-1654851521454.png

2. Create a measure as below:

Amount for All Future Years = 
VAR _selyear =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date].[Year] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'FactTable'[Amount] ),
        FILTER ( 'FactTable', YEAR ( 'FactTable'[DueDate] ) > _selyear )
    )

yingyinr_1-1654851552734.png

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ogend
Helper I
Helper I

@v-yiruan-msft Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ogend ,based on what I got

Do not take any date filter, you can have a measure like

Calculate(sum(Table[Amount]), filter('Date', 'Date'[Date] > today()) )

@amitchandak , thank you, but I'd need future years relative to the year selected by the year slicer( calendar table) , not the actual future relative to today(). If I select 2022 to be "the year', it should be 2023 and everything after, but if I select 2010 in the slicer, it should be years equal or larger than 2011

Hi @ogend  ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment) for you, please check whether that is what you want.

1. Delete the relationship between Calendar and Facttable

yingyinr_0-1654851521454.png

2. Create a measure as below:

Amount for All Future Years = 
VAR _selyear =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date].[Year] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'FactTable'[Amount] ),
        FILTER ( 'FactTable', YEAR ( 'FactTable'[DueDate] ) > _selyear )
    )

yingyinr_1-1654851552734.png

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors