Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meassure with W.B.S and Path

Hey guys, I hope you find yourself great.

I'm struggling with calculations using Path in a WBS case.

Suppose that I have a project plan with its tasks, where I have the Physical Advance of those tasks that are not Summary Tasks. 

Capture.JPG

I need to calculate for those tasks that are Summary (Summary = "Yes") the physical advance.
The advance would be = (Duration * Percent Complete)/Duration.

The thing is that I don't know how to filter, for example, in task 2 all those No Summary Task belongs to 2 as a child. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Juanli, thank you for your answer.

Your thoughts are not quite correct.

The thing is that, when I want to calculate the % for task number 1 y need to calculate the Advance function for every task that is
1.(something) WHILE NOT BEING SUMMARY.

I managed to do this creating a duplicated table, keeping only whe WBS and duplicating again that column.

With one WBS column, I extracted that father of that task. For example, the task 1.12.1 would have one column for that task and one columns for the 1.12.

With this I used the PATH function, an then I created a calculated column in the original task table using CALCULATE (Sum(Advance)/Sum(Duration), FILTER (PATHCONTAINS (RELATED(Path)),WBS)), FILTER (SUMMARY <> TRUE()))
So in this case, I could find every task that has in its Path, the task I'm calculating.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Based on my understanding,

1. in task 2 all those No Summary Task belongs to 2   1  as a child.

2. result=(Duration * Percent Complete)/Duration.

for example

Task order1's physical advance

Duration=Duration of Task order1+2+3+4

Percent Complete=Percent Complete of Task order1+2+3+4

Right?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Juanli, thank you for your answer.

Your thoughts are not quite correct.

The thing is that, when I want to calculate the % for task number 1 y need to calculate the Advance function for every task that is
1.(something) WHILE NOT BEING SUMMARY.

I managed to do this creating a duplicated table, keeping only whe WBS and duplicating again that column.

With one WBS column, I extracted that father of that task. For example, the task 1.12.1 would have one column for that task and one columns for the 1.12.

With this I used the PATH function, an then I created a calculated column in the original task table using CALCULATE (Sum(Advance)/Sum(Duration), FILTER (PATHCONTAINS (RELATED(Path)),WBS)), FILTER (SUMMARY <> TRUE()))
So in this case, I could find every task that has in its Path, the task I'm calculating.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.