Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Means to show only the legend and hide the visualization or should I just use PowerPoint?

Hello BI Community,

I've been working on replicating data from a manual PowerPoint report with legend data and getting it reproduced in a similar manner. After researching the forums, it appears Microsoft did not bother to consider doing a word wrap on legend headers and apparently wants me to do work for the sake of doing work, making a whole new table and relating it and so on. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 1.49.04 PM.png

I'm thinking about using bad data to make good data, like taking a blank image and overlapping it or doing what my collegue has been doing, one in paint and then making it an image. There's just too much padding between the visual and the legend. As I'm working with totally live data on these categories (since unused ones could appear) is there a means to show only the legend and not the visual or do I need to just make my own and paste it there as an image so I don't have to create new data to fix bad data visuals? Or as another option, should I just stop using PowerBI and make my data in Excel or PowerPoint where clearly there has been more thought for visualization formating? 

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does this what you want?

no.jpg

no2.PNG

And have you considered using Power BI Template?

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Icey,

Yeah, that's basically what I want, except that I need the legend to wrap or something. If not, I was thinking of hiding the visualization and making a new one overlapping it so that it appears without as much padding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.