Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gtamir
Post Patron
Post Patron

May 2018 Update

I installed the May update Version: 2.58.5103.501 64-bit (מאי 2018). First time as I remember it is done from the store.

Now I have 2 Icones in the Start menu. The old one opens the April Version.

In "Programs and Features" I see only one line of Power BI Desktop, and it is from 13/04/2018.
It means that it kept the same Version. 

How to verify if there are two versions installed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gtamir,

Based on your description, you may not install the new version completely. Basically, you can first uninstall the old version and then install the new version of PBI desktop. Please check if the old version has been uninstalled completely before you are going to install the new version.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gtamir,

Based on your description, you may not install the new version completely. Basically, you can first uninstall the old version and then install the new version of PBI desktop. Please check if the old version has been uninstalled completely before you are going to install the new version.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.