Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mkirsch
Frequent Visitor

Maximum Number of Comments on a Report?

What (if any) is the maximum number of comments that a report can have?  Also is there any administrative function or dashboard to see the number of comments and/or details about comments on a report? 

We are thinking about using a report for a large collaborative data project.  There will probably be over a thousand comments, just checking to see how viable this is.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mkirsch
Frequent Visitor

We ended up contacting Microsoft -

We have a confirmation from our product team that, there is a limitation of 1000 comments, Our engineering team is also working on updating the documentation. They also confirmed that, there are plans to have APIs to retrieve comments in future releases. 

In addition, the limit of 1000 comments is for the complete report and not per page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Additional clarification, the maximum number of conversations is 100. The maxiumum number of comments per conversation is 1000. To add a new conversation or comment, please delete old conversations or comments.

BI_User_312
Helper I
Helper I

Our team has reached the max 1000 comments. How do I mass delete or archive?

mkirsch
Frequent Visitor

We ended up contacting Microsoft -

We have a confirmation from our product team that, there is a limitation of 1000 comments, Our engineering team is also working on updating the documentation. They also confirmed that, there are plans to have APIs to retrieve comments in future releases. 

In addition, the limit of 1000 comments is for the complete report and not per page.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mkirsch,

Based on my research, I didn’t find the official document for “comment amount limit in report”, it seems that have length limit for comment (you can enter a maximum of 2000 characters (excluding @mentions) ,  and currently there is no setting to view comment total amount directly(All comments are sorted in reverse chronological order, with the newest comment first and the oldest comment last.).  You could refer to Announcing Report Commenting for Power BI Service and Mobile for details.

By the way, you also could post this requirement on  Power BI Ideas.

Best Regards,

Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.