Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Max Number in Gauge Chart

Hi,

I am new to Power BI and would like to get some help.

Is there a way to make the maximun number on the 2nd gauge chart to be the number listed in the first gauge chart? In this case, the maximun number should be 738. In fact, the number listed in the 1st gauge chart is from the fliter/slicer on deparment; therefore, it is a dynamic value.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

Place the Measure that gives you the 738 in the Maximum Value field of the Gauge

Gauge.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

The number that I get for 738 is the count of ID according to the slicer, it is not a measurement.

Is there a way that I can create a dynamic count based on the slicer?  Thanks.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Drag the hsp_account_id to the Max Value for the second Gauge you should get a Count of... again by default (if field is text)

That should do it! Smiley Happy

You could also try writing a Measure that should look something like this...

Measure = COUNTA ( TableName[hsp_account_id] )

Both of these should give you the same result. If not let us know... Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried both ways; however, as add the provider slicer, the maximum number from the 2nd gauge chart shows as the total count of IDs. Is there a way to put the count (in this case 493) to the max of 2nd gauge?  Thanks.

1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.