Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Max Month Number per Year

Hello All,

I'm wanting to return the max monthnumber for each year. For the example below 2018 would return 12 AND 2019 will return 9. I will then be using that calculation to divide a measure to get a average for the year. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

Create a below meaure to get Max monthnumber.

Max Month Number = CALCULATE(Max(Sheet9[MonthNumber]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet9,Sheet9[Year]))

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

Here is two forumulas you can use either.

1.Maxmonth = MAX('Table'[Number])

2.MaxMonth = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Number]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Year]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Year])))

Thanks,

Venkata Nalla

@Anonymous ,

Create a below meaure to get Max monthnumber.

Max Month Number = CALCULATE(Max(Sheet9[MonthNumber]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet9,Sheet9[Year]))

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahreem24 

Thank you,

When doing this formula I'm getting 9 for both the years 

@Anonymous ,

No, I am getting the 9 for 2019 and 12 for 2018. Refer below screen shot.

1.JPG

So it may helps other!

Anonymous
Not applicable

is your monthnumber and year a date field ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my calculation: 

Max Month Number = CALCULATE(MAX(FACT_AreaExpenses_PBuddTable[Month]),ALLEXCEPT(DIM_Calendar,DIM_Calendar[Year]))

The year is coming from another table: 

@Anonymous ,

Both fields are in numeric form(Whole number). You didn't mention about the Year is coming from different table. FOr this make a proper relationship betweeb those table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I changed to a whole number and it worked !

Great @Anonymous !

I will really appreciate your KUDOS/Thumbs up! 😊

Good Luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.