Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Max Date with USERELATIONSHIP

Hello, 

I have a problem with a measure in DAX that brings me the Max date of my Date table, a simple one MAX(DimTime[Date]), the measure works fine, but from my Fact table I have 2 relationships to the DimTime, one is active and the other one is inactive, in my Fact table the column with the active relationship is complete i doesn´t have nulls, but the one inactive has nulls values. For knowledge, I know the max date with the active relationship is '01-15-2018' but if i use the other relationship the max date is '01-14-2018', unfortunately this measure CALCULATE(MAX(DimTime[Date]),USERELANTIONSHIP(DimTime[Date],FactTable[Date2]), for reasons that I don't understand this measure show '01-15-2018' when i should be '01-14-2018'.

Any tips why is this happening?

Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All of your measures are showing the max date in the calendar table. This has nothing to do with the fact table. If you want the max date in the fact table, then refer to the column in the fact table. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Does this work?

=CALCULATE(MAX(FactTable[Date2]),USERELANTIONSHIP(FactTable[Date2],DimTime[Date]))

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

You can use this formula as below:

New Unactive = CALCULATE(MAX(FactTable[Date2]),USERELATIONSHIP(DimTime[Date],FactTable[Date2]))

Result:

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All of your measures are showing the max date in the calendar table. This has nothing to do with the fact table. If you want the max date in the fact table, then refer to the column in the fact table. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.