Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Max Date issue when using as visual filter

Hi everybody,

sorry if the question has already been asked in a similar way. During the search I found it difficult to describe the problem concretely.

My customer has the following scenario , which I tried to recreate using simple dummy data:
We have different orders that are either active or inactive in a period of time. The Sales table provides sales per order and date, the ActiveDisplay provides information whether the order is active at time x or not. Both tables have a relationship via the OrderSk.

Salvadago_2-1634911011824.png

Now I want the sum of the sales per year for all active orders.

I create 2 measures for this

Salvadago_3-1634911092666.png

Salvadago_4-1634911117310.png

So far so good, but now I get a different year total depending on the filtered year. If I filter by 2021, the Measure checks if the order is active in 2021 so it gives me the correct total. But if I filter by 2021 and 2022, I get a different total for 2021 as the measure correctly checks the max date, which then is 2022.

Salvadago_1-1634910962526.png

How do I get the active check per year within a measure? I do realize that in my dummy case it is possible to simple filter the active order by the column of the ActiveDisplay table.  But this is not possible in the real case as the measure is needed for additional requirements.

Any help or suggestion would be really much appreciated

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Can you post sample data as text?

Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.