Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GoingIncognito
Advocate III
Advocate III

Matrix without aggregation

Hi.

Is there way to do a matrix visualisation without it aggregating data?

I did first a table on stock market with following columns: Date, name of the instrument, ISIN code, currency, amount bought, price per share.  But then I thought I want to have headers on rows: I want to show stocks as one group and bonds as other. This of course can be done using a matrix. So I change the table to matrix and add "class" (=stocks/bonds) to rows and all the other fields go to values. But now for e.g. date I need to choose the first/last/count or some aggregation. Can I somehow bybass this aggregation and force the matrix to have all the rows displayed? Can I for example use some sort of measure - like values(date) or something?
Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You can not have an unaggregated measure in Matrix. You can have it in Table. You can create an Index column and use that in the row. You can use stepped layout will all level drilled

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @GoingIncognito ,

Using matrix the values make the aggregations as you refers, in your case all the data that you don't want to have as aggregated value you should place on the rows of the matrix and then expand the matrix to the lowest level.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

So no way of bybassing this? Like no amount of writing measures that use summarize will resolve this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there - did you find an easy way to accomplish this one? I'm stuck too and a bit baffled why they couldnt just dont include Don't Summarize on the Value settings so it only displays on the last Row. Thanks for any info

Sorry, it has been such a long time I really don't recall. I think I used a
if( hasonevalue(table[field]), measure, blank()/another measure )

Hi  @GoingIncognito ,

Not really understanding your question, from the columns below what are the ones you don't want aggregated:

Date

Name of the instrument

ISIN code

Currency

Amount bought

Price per share

Assuming that amount bought would have aggregation the others not, so if you place everything in rows and amounth bought in values should have values you need.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.