Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

niel_orvyn1
Helper III
Helper III

Matrix with values from different rows

Dear Community,

I'm trying to create a visual to show a Gross Profit Analysis using Currency Value/item volume. In this case, it will be currency per liter.

I am currently achieving this by doing multiple measures and displaying each value manually with a card (Sales; Cost of Sales is text boxes).

See the below example:

GP Analysis example.jpg

Below is an example of how the table looks and the measures currently used to get the above value:
GP Matrix.jpg

You will notice the AccountType column item descriptions are different for "1. Volume", however below rows they will only have a prefix, for example, Sales: Diesel; COS Diesel; Adjustment: Diesel.

Is there any other way to do this, maybe with a switch with multiple conditions and measure to display this in a table or matrix? 

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Regards,

Niel

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@niel_orvyn1 , Not very clear. But you can display them in a matrix using show on row, which will move the measure to column and then give account on the column, nothing on row

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

Hi @amitchandak 

Many thanks for always assisting. I've made a sample *.pbix to better describe my challenge. 
I'm trying to see if I can create a table or matrix rather than an individual as per the file in the link.

Please let me know if you are able to access the file, or maybe an alternative to sharing the file. 

https://orvyncom-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/niel_orvyn_com/Eualf2cRAJRIiIpHdmR8WaUB9zqHPAKoemi...

Kind regards,

Niel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.