Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ryan_citywire
Regular Visitor

Matrix with two values, show one of the values only in the total column?

Hi All,

I have a matrix which is set up as below:

Rows:

Tag

Columns:

Grid Map

Values:

Count of Content Code

Count of Page View

There are two things I am trying to achieve, the first is bringing the "Column Subtotal" over to the left of the matrix.

The second, and more importantly, is to stop aggregating Count of Content Code for each Grid Map and have it show in the total column only as it doesn't make sense aggregated by Grid Map in the columns, only as a total by Tag. Count of Page View would appear both in each Grid Map column and in the Total.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
Gjakova
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi, any update on this?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@ryan_citywire any chance you can past the data into here?  its hard to visualise it without a visual, much easier to help 

for stopping aggregation all you need to do is go the modelling tab  and on that field select default summarization and select dont summarize

but not sure what you looking for

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg - thanks for coming back so quickly. 

This image shows what I am currently getting and what I am trying to achieve:

As you can see Content Code and Page View are both summarised for Unclassifiable and Consumer which are from the field "Grid Map" and is in the columns of the matrix set up. They are also both summarised at a row level in the TOTAL. What I would like to do is remove the sumamry fo Count of Content Code (Orange columns in the image) and just have it remain summarised at the total level, whilst keeping the Count of Page View summarised at both a Grid Map (Column) and Total level.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi ryan_citywire,

Based on my test, I'm afraid currently there's no such option to select for this. In addtion, if you create a measure or calculate colmn and add it to the value field, the first two columns will also appear in matrix chart. You can submit your idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.