Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Matrix with grand totals and ability to drill into "See Records"

Hi I'm trying to create a matrix that has grand totals and allows the user to see the underlying records with the "See Records" functionality.

As I understand it:

Matrix: Allows a grand total but doesn't allow "See Records" functionality

Matrix Preview: Doesn't allow a grand total but does allow "See Records" functionality

Is there a way of getting "See Records" functionality and grand totals in the same visual?

Thanks,

CM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK so I've updated Power BI to the April version and now can show a grand total, and "see records" for rows and subtotals. But I can't "see records" for the grand total. Do you know if Microsoft is working on that? Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CloudMonkey,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.45.4704.442 64-bit (April 2017), both Grand Total and See Records are available. Please check it on your side with the same desktop version.

MatrixPreview.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK so I've updated Power BI to the April version and now can show a grand total, and "see records" for rows and subtotals. But I can't "see records" for the grand total. Do you know if Microsoft is working on that? Thanks

I also have a matrix and am looking at the report in the web browser and it won't let me utilize "See Records" on the grand total amount only. Everywhere is it works... 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CloudMonkey

Are you using the latest PBI April 2017? We have Grand Totals on Rows and Columns now Smiley Happy

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

As far as the "See Records" in the Matrix Preview - there are some Limitations listed here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-see-data-see-records/

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.