Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix with dynamic rows based on slicer

Hi everyone,

I have read a lot of post related to dynamic columns, dynamic rows but not exactly what I need to do. I'm new on this (Power BI and asking in communities) so I'll try to explain what I need.

I have a resultset with the following format:

a.png

Column descriptions:

LongName: is the name of the client

ValueDate: is the Date of the sales

TotalAmount: is the sales amount

Jurisdiction/SourceName/Volatility/etc: All the other columns are attributes of the client.

The expectation is to have all the other columns (Attributes) in a slicer, and the user can select as many as they want and put the value in a matrix and do the calculation.

For example if a user select Jurisdiction and SourceName the matrix should look like this:

b.PNG

The hierarchy is important for the client so if they select first SourceName and then Jurisdiction it should look like this:

c.PNG

After reading and testing a lot I have a version that works with 1 value (SourceName or Jurisdiction or else). The way I accomplished it was by referencing the dataset and unpivot by everything else. Here is my PowerBi

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BUwI_O1DnH4NyuvBycaluPqsYS-0N9o6

But it's not exactly what I need and as I said it only works for 1 and I need it for multiple Attributes.

Any idea or help to accomplish this?

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm afraid it doesn't support the change rows in a matrix dynamically as you expected currently.

You may submit an idea to improve this feature in Power BI.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.