Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lgargallo
Frequent Visitor

Matrix with Count by matching rows and columns

Hello everyone!
Based on these data tables as an example:

Match.jpg

I want to match products in pairs, it doesn't matter the order, for example, for Client "C": Case-Mouse, Case-Notebook, Mouse-Notebook, Mouse-Case, Notebook-Mouse, Notebook-Case. When It matches in a column and a row, It will count 1.

I tried many things (Always working with a Matrix as the visual object). I made a duplicated table for Products (Table 2) to put one as a column and the other as Row.

Match_Products =
       CALCULATE(COUNT('Table1'[Client]),
                      FILTER('Table1',
                       'Table1'[Client] ='Table1'[Client]&&
                       'Table1'[Product] =MAX('Table2'[Producto])&&
                       'Table1'[Product] =MAX('Table2 (2)'[Producto])
)
)

Also, I tried with LOOKUPTABLE, or using Power Query with Pivot Columns... but nothing works for me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lgargallo ,

According to your expected output, I don't understand your logic, did you want to crossjoin table? If possible, could you please explain this in details? If you want to crossjoin table, you could use below M code to see whether it work or not

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUfLNLy1OVYrViVZyAvK8UyuT8hOLUsACzkAB50SorDOKWhDPL78kNSk/Pxss4IIu4IQu4IpigCO6ZS4o0q5wq2MB", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Client = _t, Product = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Client", type text}, {"Product", type text}}),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Changed Type", {"Client"}, #"Changed Type", {"Client"}, "Changed Type", JoinKind.FullOuter),
    #"Expanded Changed Type" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Changed Type", {"Client", "Product"}, {"Client.1", "Product.1"})
in
    #"Expanded Changed Type"

724.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @lgargallo 

try:

1. rename column Table2[Product] to Table2[Product2] 

create a new table

Table = 
ADDCOLUMNS(
	CROSSJOIN('Table 1','Table 2'),
	"CrossCount", 
	CALCULATE(
		COUNTROWS('Table 1'),
		FILTER(
			ALL('Table 1'),
			'Table 1'[Client]=EARLIER('Table 1'[Client]) && 'Table 1'[Product] = EARLIER('Table 2'[Product2])
		)
	)
)

3. put into matrix Table[Product] as Rows, Table[Product2] as Columns and SUM CrossCount as Values

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.