Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sarjensystems1
Helper III
Helper III

Matrix visual

Hii

I have the requirement like to show the forecast dynamically for 12 months i.e from AUG 2019 to sep 2018

I have taken the matrix visual and used month-year in the columns field and countries in the rows and forecast values in the values field.

Now i need to show  the month year in  descending order like AUG2019 JULY2019 JUNE2019....... but there is no option to sort column headers in the matrix visual.

I have tried the DAX formulae =12-[month number] but it didn't worked..

Is there any way to achieve it??

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sarjensystems1  Please create a new SortKey column for your MonthYear column 

SortKey_MonthYear = FORMAT([date],"YYYYMM")

So the values will be 201908,201907,201906 etc... Use this sortkey column as Sort By Column for the MonthYear column. Then the ascending or descending on your Sort By option in Matrix visual will work as expected.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sarjensystems1  Please create a new SortKey column for your MonthYear column 

SortKey_MonthYear = FORMAT([date],"YYYYMM")

So the values will be 201908,201907,201906 etc... Use this sortkey column as Sort By Column for the MonthYear column. Then the ascending or descending on your Sort By option in Matrix visual will work as expected.

HII @PattemManohar 

After creating the sort colmn it is sorting in the ascending order(SEPT2018,OCT2018,NOV2018...........JULY2019,AUG2019)

.but i need descending order(AUG2019,JUL2019......NOV2018,OCT2018,SEP2018)

Thank you

@sarjensystems1 Please select “Sort descending” option when you click on the ellipse (three little dots on top right of the visual)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sarjensystems1 ,

If you select the modeling tab and then your month-year field from the fields pane, you should see the option to sort by a column. You should then be able to sort by your primary date field, which will make sure it stays in order when being put into the matrix visual.Power bi example 1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.