Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix visual with two rows getting updated at the same time

Hi,

I have a matrixx as below with Actual and Target  (they are not time sneitive nor time based) in MS. Excel as following, can you please introduce the right visual to replicate it on POWER BI (please note the values are refreshable and conditional formatted)???

@v-chuncz-msft 

@v-lili6-msft 

@vanessafvg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Using the Matrix you cannot change the size of the targets why not change the colour of the lines and font maybe could be a good option. Making the actuals pop out against target.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may try Matrix visual and Conditional table formatting.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-chuncz-msft .

The only main question is that how I can create the Totals of each step as per the Excel screenshot I shared in my first post?

Thank you @v-chuncz-msft  please reply

@Anonymous ,

Take a good look at Drill down on column headers.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-chuncz-msft ,

But I need to visualize the Targets under each of the Actuals (the Actual bigger or bold and the next row is Target of the same Actual but smaller font!) right nowI could find the following from Matrix tutorial of Power BI but it shows it in Columns not Rows! So how I can acheive my goal in showing the Targets in rows instead of colunms?

See this image:

photo_2019-06-04_18-12-42.jpg

in the above picture I want to show the product in one row and the target in the row under it! how I can do it @v-chuncz-msft .

@MFelix 

@TeigeGao 

Hi @Anonymous ,

On the matrix options go to:

• Values
  • Show on Rows - Place Actuals and Target below each other ( be aware that probably you need to add some field on the columns depends on your setup

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MFelix ,

Already tried it but I can not make the Actuals bigger or Bold the font! I need a way to defferentiate the Actuals and Targets!, please help?

@v-chuncz-msft 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Using the Matrix you cannot change the size of the targets why not change the colour of the lines and font maybe could be a good option. Making the actuals pop out against target.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MFelix ,

Already tried it but I can not make the Actuals bigger or Bold the font! I need a way to defferentiate the Actuals and Targets!, please help?

@v-chuncz-msft 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MFelix ,

I tried it already but it shows both Actual and Target headers under the name of the main row header like:

MEW 01:

Actual

Target

which is so much more cluttered. Is there a way to get rid of Actual header and just show something like:

MEW 01: 1 2 34 56 76

Target      3 4 34 54 67

Is it possible?

Or how to make Targets smaller than the Actuals or main Row headers:

MEW 01:

Target:

@v-chuncz-msft 

@MFelix ???

Hi,

You need also to Turn off the stepped layout on the options and then drill down to the last level on the rows.

Regards
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.