Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix visual with tabular data

Hello,

I have a tabular data that is stored in the form of a matrix with multiple hierarchies. I want to show this data in the form of a matrix with both expand and collapse option. However, the issue here is that the values in that hierarchy are to be shown without any aggregation such as sum, max, min etc. However, in matrix this is not possible. It is always shown as aggregated value. Is it possible to customize matrix visual to show without any aggregation or is there any other visual, may be a custom one for the same purpose?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have a few suggestions for you to see if they work.

Set the matrix visual format

1 turn off the Row subtotals

vchenwuzmsft_0-1632878056789.png

Result:

vchenwuzmsft_1-1632878056791.png

2 turn off the Stepped layout

vchenwuzmsft_2-1632878056793.png

Result:

vchenwuzmsft_3-1632878056796.png

Is this the result you want?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the comments but the values are still reported as aggregated when collapsed to the top level or in between. What I want is the actual values to be reported without any sum or min or max or avg. Seems like this is only supported in table but that visual misses out the +/- icons.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

In order to get the desired result, you can add an index column in the power query to your data table and use it in your matrix to show the level of granularity you need.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. I did try using index column and it worked partially as I can see the actual values when all rows are expanded. However, when I collapsed to the top level, the total sum is again evaluated and the wrong values are reported on the columns. It seems that index does a trick but only when all the rows are expanded and without stepped layout. But this trick does misses out the sole purpose of navigating through +/- icons. Still better than the rest. And hence, looking for some other proper alternatives, otherwise I will close this post marking it as accepted.

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.