Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JanvanderHilst
Frequent Visitor

Matrix visual printing last section twice? (Bug?)

Hi Guys,

Compliments of the new year. 

There something weirds going on in my Matrix in my Power bi report.

What I have done thus far is created a table structure which specifies the rows in my matrixs (Note that each line can/should reflect a different value  for example: Unit price, total cost , profit.)

The value in the matrix is filled with a measure which contains a switch case, resolving different calculations based on the selected row value. (note that it resolves these caculations pretty quickly, and updating the matrixs takes no longer than 1 sec)

Issue that I am facing now is that sometimes it prints the bottom rows twice? And sometimes it does not?

See the first 2 screenshots of March and April, showing the Profit section once.

See the last screenshot of April again, showing the profit section twice.

(This happens randomly which switching between the monthts)

JanvanderHilst_0-1641214383718.png

JanvanderHilst_2-1641214453683.png

JanvanderHilst_1-1641214423569.png

When it happens, the matrix "Freezes" very briefly and I have to make an additional scroll montion inorder to go to the bottom.

So I am leaning towards a performance bug?

Has anyone seen this before? And what could be a good solultion, as my client is not liking this.

Thanks in advance

Jan

9 REPLIES 9
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JanvanderHilst ,

Have you solved the issue? I cannot reproduce the problem. Please try to resize report pages. If it does not help, please provide some sample data , remove sensitive information before sharing. 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JanvanderHilst interesting, can you share pbix file, remove sensitive information before sharing. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi Parry, 

Removing sensitive data will be difficult as most of it is financial data coming from their system.

If you'd like I can show you via a Teams call?

Kind regards 

Jan van der Hilst

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JanvanderHilst I think the first # column you are using for order, maybe some of the profit lines don't have the same order number value, can you double-check that.

Follow us on LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

They are all the same: 

JanvanderHilst_0-1641226374192.png

If they were not, it should also not be random (as in, it is displayed correctly like 50% of the times)

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@JanvanderHilst what column you are using on the rows can you make sure that value is not listed twice in your table. Are these values coming from a dimension table?

Hi Parry2k,

Table is just a static typed table in the power query. It looks like this:

JanvanderHilst_0-1641224721296.png

Note that column 1 and 3 are used to sort the ordering when displaying:

JanvanderHilst_1-1641224758039.png

(the # are the ordering, have set the width of the column to zero to not display them)

Columns contain Item related information

PunchBird
Helper V
Helper V

Maybe it helps to clear cache?

Go to Options and Settings -> Options 

Then select Global -> Data Load and scroll down to Data Cache Management Options and press 'Clear Cache'

Hi, 

Does not resolve the issue.

Note that this also happens when published to the online version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.