Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

Matrix visual: how to remove or hide any row with no end customer

Hi All,

I have a dashboard connected to some data. There apparently are some rows that show no end customer or account manager. I'm sure it some issue in the data it is connected to, however until I figure out why on the data side, I do not want this showing as an option in filters (it shows 'blank'). It is not affecting any of my totals because when I export these blank lines...nothing is there at all in the spreadsheet for values.

emma313823_4-1624459824666.png

I tried on the End Customer filter under the advanced filter and selected 'is not blank' and applied the filter. So this removed the blanks from view, but, it presents a problem when my team wants to look for an end customer. The lookup does not yield what they want. I need my team to be able to use the End Customer filter for looking up a specific customer and it appears that by choosing 'is not blank' under advanced that using basic filtering does not support single or multiple checkboxes to be selected. It appears that I can't hide the advanced filter after applying what I did either. And I can't lock the filter, otherwise, they can't access it at all.

emma313823_5-1624460100417.png

Is there some way for the lines with 'end customer' that are blank to be completely hidden from view at all times, yet leave the filters available to function such that my team can continue to lookup a customer or group of customers by checking the box oor boxes as they want?

Emma

Emma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emma313823

Perhaps you can add a measure formula with an if statement to check the current value and return tag. Then you can use this on matrix visual level filter to filter records.

Applying a measure filter in Power BI - SQLBI
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emma313823

Perhaps you can add a measure formula with an if statement to check the current value and return tag. Then you can use this on matrix visual level filter to filter records.

Applying a measure filter in Power BI - SQLBI
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.