Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix table with custom row labels and multiple measures.

Hi Community,

I have a requirement to build the below report called 'Final Report Matrix' using a matrix table or whichever the visualization best suits to make this report. I've attached the spreadsheet with the business logic as comments/notes for each cell for your reference.

Vendor Data Matrix Table.jpg

I have tried to create measures but could not land up to the table above, the challenge being able to create the row labels on the left!

I have also attached the data sheet with test/sample data so you can use the data while testing.

Note: I'm using a Calculated Table (Documents) for all my reports because I had to cleanse data as seen in the data model screenshot.

Below is the data model screenshot for your reference, if that helps:

Vendor Data Data Model.jpg

Can anyone please help/guide me how to do this report? Your time is greatly appreciated.

Attached are the spreadsheets of both Final Report Matrix and data sheet.

1. Final Matrix Report 

2. Vendor Test Data 

Thank you so much in advance, C

8 REPLIES 8
WinterMist
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Was there ever an answer on how to do this? 

I have a similar requirement and have not yet found a way to do this.

Regards,

Nathan

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if you are looking for this week vs last week, Have a date table with folliwng week columns

Week Start date = 'Date'[Date]+-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2)+1 // Monday //Sunday 'Date'[Date]+-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date])+1
Week End date = 'Date'[Date]+ 7-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2) // Sunday // Saturday // 'Date'[Date]+ 7-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date])
Week Number = WEEKNUM([Date],2)
Week = if('Date'[Week Number]<10,'Date'[Year]*10 & 'Date'[Week Number],'Date'[Year]&'Date'[Week Number])
Week Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Week Start date],,ASC,Dense)
Week name = [Week Start date] & " to "& [Week End date]
Weekday = WEEKDAY([Date],2)
WeekDay Name = FORMAT([Date],"ddd")

This Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])))
Last Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])-1))

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Week-Is-Not-So-Weak-WTD-Last-WTD-and-This-Week-vs-Last-Week/ba-p/1051123

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/PowerBI-Time-Intelligence-Calendar-WTD-YTD-LYTD-Week-Over-Week/m-p/1051626#M184

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your quick reply, greatly appreciated.

Can you please help me with how to do the first column 'Vendor Data' with all different labels below such as 'Total Drawings', 'Drawings Incomplete (Requiring Action)', 'Drawings Complete (No action required)', 'Total Vendor Data', 'Vendor Data Incomplete (Requiring Action)', 'Vendor Data Complete (No action required)', and the columns C, D, E, F, G, H?

Any takers.. please...?

Thanks in advance, C

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone... please help..?

Thank you so much for your time in advance.

Kind regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone please help..? The first Excel attachment has all the business logic with requirements in Comments for your reference.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Regards, C

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help..? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone please! thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.