Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlexHill
Regular Visitor

Matrix / table with 2 drillable / drill columns or hierarchies

Hey guys,

I'm using the new matrix visualisation with drilling capability. In my telephony reporti i've got 2 hierarchies i'd like to be able to drill on:

|    Date hierarchy  |    Call type hierarchy    |        Offered Calls    |     Answered Calls     |     Etc          |    Etc

Is there anyway to have 2 individual drillable columns in a matrix? So maybe I want to drill into 2017, Into Q1 in the Date hierarchy, and drill into my Call type hierarchy just to show my sales skills for example.

Any idea if this can be done?

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@AlexHill you should be able to just drag them on top of each other in the row section

for your measures its probably useful to have 2 visuals interacting with each other

ie

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hey - doing that makes it drill from one to the next, whereas I want both visible because as you say, they're useful to interact with each other. Any ideas?

@AlexHill use separate visuals, i dont think you can drill down on 2 at the same time unless you combine them into one field

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.