Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Merabor
Regular Visitor

Matrix table that displays columns with counted values

Hi.

I am fairly new to PoweBi.  I am trying to create a table that shows counted values.  The columns would display a count of specifc values that are found in that column.  For example:

LanguageActive Students?Received an A on ExamReceived a BRegistered for next levelPrepaid for class
Spanish23411193
French106385
Italian19461919
Japanese216966

I created a Count column and added the columns that we needed the Counts from.  I have not been able to filter the count by the values of 'Yes' or 'N/A'

When i apply a filter to the column, it applies the filter to the entire visual.  

What am i doing worng?  Thank you for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Merabor ,

Based on your images, I was still not understand how it work and your expected output. For example the J39 in excel is 40, but in power bi it was 38 in one visual and 1 in another visual so that the total was 39 instead of 40 . Also I was not certain how the filter worked in the visual. Could you please share more details or share a dummy pbix file for further discussion?

PowerBi Excel.PNGPowerBi Test.PNG

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MarkSL
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

Are you able to share your Power Bi file (pbix) with us?  Or perhaps a mock up demonstrating your issue?  Always makes it easier for everyone to help.

Thanks

Mark

@MarkSL  

My apologies.  I tried to attach an image before and it didn't give me the option to upload a photo.  Now it does 🙂

I am trying to turn the Excel document into a dashboard.  Unfortunately I cannot share the actual .pbix because of the data but please let me know if the attached image is not enough.

Thank you for your time.PowerBi Test.PNGPowerBi Excel.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.