Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

Matrix table - cant download the data??

Hi all,

I spent alot of time building the measures for this matrix table. So now that it is done, im trying to download it to excel to disseminate to the VPs at the company. However the BI website says that there is an error when downloading the data. Does data downloading not work with matrix tables? I want my excel file to look like this:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@airwolf39 to export the data from visual, please ensure that under the dataset setting option you do not have none option. If the settings allows you to export data then only you will be able to export the data to excel. This will allow you to export data into csv format only.

negi007_0-1620562243100.png

Also, you wont be able to export the formatted power bi matrix visual in to excel file. The other solution that you can use it analyze in excel. This option allows the users to be connected to the dataset all the time. User have to refresh to fetch latest data. You can create similar visual in the analyze in excel file so that your end user can view the data similar to powerbi matrix visual. 

for details on analyze in excel, pl refer to below link

https://radacad.com/say-no-to-export-data-yes-to-analyze-in-excel-power-bi-and-excel-can-talk

Thanks,

Pramod

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@airwolf39 to export the data from visual, please ensure that under the dataset setting option you do not have none option. If the settings allows you to export data then only you will be able to export the data to excel. This will allow you to export data into csv format only.

negi007_0-1620562243100.png

Also, you wont be able to export the formatted power bi matrix visual in to excel file. The other solution that you can use it analyze in excel. This option allows the users to be connected to the dataset all the time. User have to refresh to fetch latest data. You can create similar visual in the analyze in excel file so that your end user can view the data similar to powerbi matrix visual. 

for details on analyze in excel, pl refer to below link

https://radacad.com/say-no-to-export-data-yes-to-analyze-in-excel-power-bi-and-excel-can-talk

Thanks,

Pramod

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.