Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Trebor84
Helper II
Helper II

Matrix sub total placement

Hi all,

I am trying to move my Total sub header to appear under Category rather than Sub category, is this possible?  I have taken off stepped layout and enabled the per row option within the matrix but can't see what else to change.

Capture.JPG

Expected output:

Capture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, will add a vote for this feature.  The sub total can't be placed under the first row in a matrix visual.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Trebor84 ,

To my knowledge, your requirement could not be realized currently.

An idea similar with what you expect has been submitted in the following link, please vote it up and you can add comments.Hopes Power Bi will implement this in nearby future.

Move Sub-Total and Total columns to left side

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, will add a vote for this feature.  The sub total can't be placed under the first row in a matrix visual.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Trebor84 , Under the Matrix Sub Total, You have Per Row Level. Please use that and choose the level where you what sub total

Hi, i've changed that but it doesn't change the visual. When I click off the visual and go back to matrix sub total it automatically changes back to "All" from "Category".

I have uploaded my file for reference https://filebin.net/lrry92blc5io2416 

Capture3.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.