Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BigLo
Helper II
Helper II

Matrix, single row for information.

Hi,

I have 2 tables. A first with people, a second with values (and the name of people for the link).

BigLo_0-1618647301404.pngBigLo_2-1618647329947.png

I use a matrix to display the information, it works quite well. If a name is not active, it does not display the value. I can use a slicer to display or not the fields, that's great.
But if I want to display the other generic information (Gender, Age, ...) It displays it in a hierarchy and not on the same row in another column.

BigLo_3-1618647367049.pngBigLo_5-1618647441945.png

I can unpivot and display it in a table but I lose the advantages of the Matrix (reactive fields, ...).

BigLo_4-1618647402354.png

If I use a generic field as the value, it displays it multiple times (ie normal operation).

BigLo_6-1618647499757.png

Is there a way to show the info fields from the person table on a single row and show the value fields after?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BigLo 

A workaround is to put Name/Gender/Age in Rows fields, and expand all rows in the matrix visual. Then switch off Stepped layout and +/- icons in the format pane. Just like below. Now you can still use the slicer to display or not the fields.

041902.jpg

Hope this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BigLo 

A workaround is to put Name/Gender/Age in Rows fields, and expand all rows in the matrix visual. Then switch off Stepped layout and +/- icons in the format pane. Just like below. Now you can still use the slicer to display or not the fields.

041902.jpg

Hope this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Yes Perfect.

Thank you very much for the help and the support file

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @BigLo 

Try to merge the 2 columns Name/Gender in Power Query. You can still keep the 2 original columns in case you want to use them as saprerat slicers.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.