Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pbiuserr
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Matrix same values assigned to every row

Hello,

I have a matrix with line manager at the top row, below there are employees under this manager and project descriptions

The values are billable and unbillable hours. I'd like to have count of unbillable hours only for the line manager row and maybe a employee, however it gives me value of same hours for each line of project description, while there might be only one with unbillable hours

Both values are measures made of SUM(billable) or SUM(unbillable). However I think it might be model issue, because unbillable hours are not connected in any way to project, right? If yes and I cant overcome it (not DE myself, no access to DB), then can I have some dax workaround?

2 REPLIES 2
tevisyauw
Helper I
Helper I

can u provide sample data? 

billable hrs table sample

EmpIDEmpNameBillable hours
1John10
2Steven10
3Anna10
4Monica

Project table sample

ProjIDEmpIDProjDsc
ID11Project1
ID21Project2
ID32Project3
ID43Project4
ID54Project5

Nonbillable hours table

EmpIDNonBillableHours
ID15
ID35

Really straighforward.  Employee can have nobillable values in several rows etc

Then I create a matrix with emp name, projectdesc as rows, billable nobillable horus as values

and now, because ID1 has 5 nobillable hours, it shows that it has "5" nobillable hours under his projectdesc, when I want it only at the name level, not when I expand the projectdesc

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.