Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix report export

I need to export as it is on the metrix table visual,
is it possible to achieve?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to export data as the same as matrix visual, I'm afraid not because export data will export it as sumarized data to .csv file in power bi desktop.

If you just want to export visual keep the original status, maybe you can publish the report to power bi service and try to export to PowerPoint.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't think you can export in the matrix format per se, the export option just exports the underlying tables.

However, you may want to look at using the Analyze in Excel function if you aren't planning on editing the exported data. The reason I suggest this is that using Analyze in Excel exports to an .odc file which opens in Excel as a datamodel ready for pivoting. This will allow yourself/end-users to very quickly rebuild the data in the matrix format.

There are also positive security implications as Analyze in Excel uses Office 365 credentials for the data connection, so can support RLS and will allow/deny access in line with your dataset share status.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

I fear this is not possible currently as whenever you export data from a Power BI visual, it exports the underlying data or the summarised data. A similar thread for this is already here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-Export-Data/m-p/1013389

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Anonymous ,

If this is resolved, can you mark it a s a solution?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.