cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Matrix - replace Total per row with Average

A matrix typically will list totals at collumn and row level. In order to better analyse monthly variances, I would like to compare the lastest month's numbers with the YTD monthly average. So I basically would like to see an "Average" column rather than a "Total" column as per below. The column totals in the bottom row can stay. Is this possible?

PBI.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There are many ways to do it.

1. Calculate measures separately for each month, and also have measure for average. Then add each into Values field in sequence. Turn off Total columns.

2. Use two separate visual, one for monthly values, and another for average.

3. Use custom visual (R-Visual to create matrix on the fly, or one from the store, that suites your need).

Total column isn't able to do average calculation as far as I know.

Community Support
Community Support

HI @udewachter,

Yes, it is possible. You can add if statement to check total level and write a specific formula for calculation of total level, then use condition to replace calculation on total level with that formula.

If you are confused on coding formula, please share some sample data or pbi file that we can test and coding formula on it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors