Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PeterRLC
Frequent Visitor

Matrix out of memory with new measure

I have a large table, 2.5M rows and have had no problems with creating a huge variety of visualizations with straight forward grand totals.  I am trying to do a Trial Balance and sort Debits and Credits based on highly summarized totals, maybe a 500 row table with 3 columns.  I finally figured out how to compute the grand totals from these 500 rows and suddenly I am running out of memory.  The formula computes correctly when I filter to just part of the table.  The offending formula is:

TB. Ending Balance Dr =
if(
HASONEVALUE( xFMS_iFAMS_Base_Journal_FY19[FMS-iFAMS GL]),[TB. Dr S1],
sumx(SUMMARIZE( xFMS_iFAMS_Base_Journal_FY19, [FMS-iFAMS GL], "TB Total", [TB. Dr S1]), [TB Total])
)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi PeterRLC, 

Did this occur by accident? Or occur each time when you use that measure? Based on error information, this is more related to memory, you could try to increse memory by end other task. And you also  could try to delete columns which is not needed in model. By the way,  you also could  use 64 bit version, it allow you to use more memory resource on power bi desktop. You could refer to Power BI 32 bit version - Exception of type "System.OutOfMemoryException" was thrown for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi PeterRLC, 

Did this occur by accident? Or occur each time when you use that measure? Based on error information, this is more related to memory, you could try to increse memory by end other task. And you also  could try to delete columns which is not needed in model. By the way,  you also could  use 64 bit version, it allow you to use more memory resource on power bi desktop. You could refer to Power BI 32 bit version - Exception of type "System.OutOfMemoryException" was thrown for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PeterRLC
Frequent Visitor

Upgraded to 64 bit version and the measure opened with the full data, filter off

PeterRLC
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Zoe!  This occurs when I remove or reduce the filters on the visual.  It works fine when filtered to a small sample.  I will research your other questions and get back to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.