Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Danfountain
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix not total of rows

Hi,

I am new to Power BI so please be gentle 🙂

I have a dataset similar to this:

Record ID                   Check1                  Check 2                  Check 3

1                                  Pass                       Pass                        Pass

2                                  Fail                         Fail                        Pass

3                                  Pass                       Fail                           Pass

4                                  Fail                        Fail                           Fail

I want to display that similar to this:

Pass                         Fail

Check1              2                              2

Check2              1                              3

Check3              3                              1

Idealy it would still work with the interactions so that when you click the two that have failed check1 then the table thats linked can still show the two.

Hope this all makes sense

Dan 

Check3

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can unpivot your column .

Refer this
https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

Thanks
Pravin

If it resolves your problem mark it as a solution and give Kudos.
shawne
Resolver I
Resolver I

See attached.  You should consider shaping your data in power query first.  Utilize the unpivot other columns feature and make the table three columns, then you can utilize a matrix as you have described. Please take a look and let me know if I can assist further. 

see attached:  https://we.tl/t-MNmd7enlaA 

Hi,

Sorry i should have been more specific in my first post.

So I am happy how the dataset is created - as i need the dataset to show row by row in a detail table.  However i am trying to create a summary page.

The only way i have been able to do it is with a duplicate dataset.   The downside is that the duplicate dataset table cannot drill down into the detailled dataset.

Sorry for confusion.

D

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.