Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix not sorting by Month and Value

Hi,

I am trying to create a table for bottom 5 values, and am trying to list the outcome in order by chronological order but also by higher to lower value, but for some reason, May is before January in the Month and i am not sure whyCapture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I don't know what is happening in your measure but I noticed some of the months doesn't have value next to it except October and May , and it tell me something is not working as expected, without knowing more details, it is hard to tell what is going on.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k !

This is what I am using for the Top 5 and Bottom 5 Measure:

Top 5 = var countpercrewrank = RANKX(ALL(Append1[SupervisorName]),[Avg Count/Crew],,DESC) return if(countpercrewrank<=5,[Avg Count/Crew],blank())

Bottom 5 = var n = 6 var countpercrewrankk = RANKX(ALL(Append1[SupervisorName]),[Avg Count/Crew],,ASC, Dense) return if(countpercrewrankk<=n,[Avg Count/Crew],blank())

The Top 5 Measure is working perfectly, and has no issues, but the bottom 5 is the issue... I am not sure why switching the "DESC" to "ASC" doesnt work for bottom 5, but when I try to do this, it does not show anything

Thank you!
Sarah

@Anonymous maybe there is a tie if you change the rank measure and see all the rank for bottom 5, what do you see? Do you get correct result? 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k there is a tie for October, but for the rest of the months, the Bottom 5 are correctly being displayed with my "Bottom 5" measure

I am just not sure why it is messing up the date column... 😞

@Anonymous it is not easy to figure out until you share pbix file with sample data, remove sensitive information before sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.