Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cf4394
Frequent Visitor

Matrix not showing correct totals for duplicate values

I have a live connection to AAS in my Power BI Desktop report.  Within my report, I used a matrix visual to show product hierarchy totals.  My issue is the matrix is not showing the correct totals when one of the products (U404) is listed in two separate product categories. The matrix appears to sum only one of the duplicates when creating the grand total. For example: U404 product is part of V27 and V456 product categories.  I used DAX SUM formula to get the Sum column.  How do I get the grand totals to reflect the correct totals?

5 REPLIES 5
Bilal0336
Frequent Visitor

Hi @cf4394 
@Icey @amitchandak 
Is anyone able to solve this issue?
I am also facing this issue:
If the same row is present in two categories. So in categories it is showing correctly but the total is only considering it 1 time.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cf4394 ,

Have you solved this problem?

Best Regards,

Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cf4394 ,

What's your DAX formula? It's best to provide some sample data for test. Please remove sentitive information.

Best Regards,

Icey

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cf4394 , can you share the formula. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @cf4394 ,

Check the following existing thread on this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/The-total-in-matrix-is-not-correct/m-p/1151209

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.