Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix not displaying all values while still counting them in totals

i everybody,

I'm currently working on a report involving timeregistration, which involves files with entries for time off measured in hours. I display these in a matrix, and have three slicers (year, month, employee name). My problem is that while the matrix total show the correct amount of hours, they are not displayed in the matrix fields. Here's an example: this employee has 16h off in August of this year, which the total shows. When I access the records for the total, it shows two entries for the 17th and 31st. 

I don't have any measures, and as far as I know no other filters that could prevent the values from being displayed (if they were filtered, they wouldn't be counted towards the total, right?)

Values only shown in total.Values only shown in total.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check out the file in the attachment. I have made some changes. Now you will have a model with best practices. I will check more to find out why. Please follow my adjustments for now.

1. Create a new table. 

FullNames =
DISTINCT (
    UNION ( VALUES ( Timesheets[Full name] ), VALUES ( Vakantiedagen[Full name] ) )
)

2. Delete the *:* relationship and create new ones. 

3. Use the new column from the new table in a slicer instead. 

Matrix_not_displaying_all_values_while_still_counting_them_in_totals

One tip: Don't upload sensitive data here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please share the file or a dummy one which can reproduce the issue. Just see from your information here, that's impossible. We need to check the data and its structure of the model. 

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dale,

I added a link to the file in my post. Thanks in advance for looking, this is driving me absolutely cray-zee.

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check out the file in the attachment. I have made some changes. Now you will have a model with best practices. I will check more to find out why. Please follow my adjustments for now.

1. Create a new table. 

FullNames =
DISTINCT (
    UNION ( VALUES ( Timesheets[Full name] ), VALUES ( Vakantiedagen[Full name] ) )
)

2. Delete the *:* relationship and create new ones. 

3. Use the new column from the new table in a slicer instead. 

Matrix_not_displaying_all_values_while_still_counting_them_in_totals

One tip: Don't upload sensitive data here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. I removed the PI in there, but have removed the uploaded file as well. You can remove your attached file. Again, thanks!

I'm glad it helped. It's my pleasure. @Anonymous. The file was deleted. You can send the link through Message next time. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.