Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matrix - measure on rows (not on the last position)

Hi everyone.

I have a Matrix with 3 Rows, 1 Column and a couple of Measures on the Values. I need to place those Measures on the Rows, and I know the option "Show On Rows" allows just that. The thing is that I need the Measures (the values) to be shown between Row 1 and Row 3 (as the 2nd Row), and not on the last position (4th Row). To make it clearer, this is what happens:

Row 1 (Field) - Row 2 (Field) - Row 3 (Field) - Row 4 (Measures).

And this what I need to have:

Row 1 (Field) - Row 2 (Measures) - Row 3 (Field) - Row 4 (Field).

Is this possible? Can I not only place my Measures on Rows but choose in which order they will be shown?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@BeatrizSilveira
Check out this thread which tackles a similar challenge:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculation-within-a-table-visual/m-p/921521#M441665

You can sort the order of the rows by changing the Row Index

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you share some sample data and required output in a visual manner. Not very clear as of now.

Thank you for your response, and sorry for the unclear explanation.

I’ve attached two pictures that I hope can make it a bit clearer. The “Matrix_as_is” shows the matrix that I have at the moment, and the numbers show the current position of the rows. Number 4 are my measures, because I have the “Show on Rows” option enabled.

The ”Matrix_to_be” shows the Matrix like I would like it to be ordered. In position number 1 I would have the same field as before, but right below I would have all my measures. Position 3 and 4 would be occupied by the other fields.

Like I said before, it’s just a matter of not only placing the values in the rows, but at the same time, if I had like 10 fields placed in the Rows, I could choose in which position my values would be shown if I had the “Show on Rows” enabled. By default, the values are shown in the last position of the row.

thumbnail_Matrix_as_is.pngthumbnail_Matrix_to_be.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.