Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PetyrBaelish
Resolver III
Resolver III

Matrix - measure as rows, standard column as columns

I would like to use a matrix visualisation but require the rows to be controlled by a measure.

The report is for creating league tables - I want to show who was in the top 12 in the league with each league season as a column, the rank as rows and the player as the value. The rank is a measure.

Below is a link to the file containing the relevant data.

There is a table called LeagueFinishes which contains the relevant fields/measures.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k93eke4yehn4inn/GENERIC.pbix?dl=0

Please see page 1. It contains 2 visuals - the left hand visual (currently filtered to a specific season), shows the rank for each player on that season. The visual to the right is what I want to achieve, but I had to use SeasonPoints  as rows instead of SeasonRank as I can't use SeasonRank.

Can anybody help me to create this matrix visual as required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PetyrBaelish 

Please check the update attached file.Add a rank column and a measure for player.

Measure 2 = CONCATENATEX(LeagueFinishes_1,LeagueFinishes_1[Player],",")

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PetyrBaelish 

You may try to create a table with below formula and then use it in matrix.Attached sample file for your reference.

LeagueFinishes_1 =
SUMMARIZE (
    LeagueFinishes,
    LeagueFinishes[Player],
    LeagueFinishes[season],
    "Points", SUM ( LeagueFinishes[SeasonPoints] ),
    "Rank", RANKX (
        FILTER (
            ALL ( LeagueFinishes ),
            LeagueFinishes[season] = EARLIER ( LeagueFinishes[season] )
        ),
        CALCULATE ( SUM ( LeagueFinishes[SeasonPoints] ) ),
        DESC,
        DENSE
    )
)

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-cherch-msft,

It's nearly working, but as per the screenshot below there are some blank values appearing.

League_Rank_Nearly_Working.PNG

The left hand visual is from the LagueFinishes calculated table - it shows that for the 2014 PT2 season, Player14 was ranked 1.

Then on the matrix visual from the calculated LeagueFinishes1 on the right hand side: this has worked perfectly for the first season (2014 PT1), but if you look at the results for 2014 PT2 in the second column, Player13 is ranked number one - but we can see on the left hand visual Player13 was ranked 2nd - Player14 should be 1st. There seems to be several players who are on the left visual that are missing from the right hand visual, It's then either moving some players up a rank or missing other players off, but I can't figure out why.

Hi @PetyrBaelish 

Please check the update attached file.Add a rank column and a measure for player.

Measure 2 = CONCATENATEX(LeagueFinishes_1,LeagueFinishes_1[Player],",")

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.