Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix in PowerBi

Hi community,

I am currently attempting to create a matrix table I wanted a couple of sections to be shown however every time I try to add a new field to the row to also appear on the matrix it goes into a drill down. I am just wondering if there is anyway to stop this from happening or if I have to use a table different from the matrix.

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I guess you want to show part of the content in the row field of the matrix, not all of it.

You can try to create a measure to aggregate the values and add the filter condition.

Measure = CALCULATE(COUNT(TABLE[Id ]),FILTER(TABLE,TABLE[Name] in {"A","B","C","D"}))

V-lianl-msft_0-1608793146334.png

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear. You need to use expand or drill when you add new levels.

Can you share sample output?

refer, if needed: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you please share the screenshot of the problem and desired output?

What does you mean by section.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.