Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBITesting
Helper IV
Helper IV

Matrix -grand total when I scroll down to the bottom invisible

I do see the grand total when I scroll down to the bottom currently. However the difference is that in stepped view, the total is floating (i.e., it displays even when I'm not scrolled to the bottom). In non-stepped view, as you pointed out, you need to scroll to the bottom to display the total.

Only being able to see the grand totals at the bottom of a whole data set isn't helpful. If there are thousands of lines, it can take a long time to scroll all the way down... Being able to see the grand total, fixed to the bottom of the frame, like with the way it works with stepped rows, is much more helpful.

is there any resolution for this issue 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Matrix-Non-Stepped-Layout-Removes-Overflow-Grand-Total-Row/i...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PowerBITesting

Go to the subtotals on the matrix options and search for the subtotals llocation and choose top. By default is on bottom. 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerBITesting ,

There is no update on this, the only way that I see as a workaround is to make the subtotals on top instead of the bottom (but for me that is not the best option I prefer my subtotals on the bottom).

Another work around is to create another table showing only the totals and turn off total on the primary table then group both of them(also not a perfect workaround).

Hopefully, they will change this in future versions.

Regards

Miguel Félix

How I can show subtotals on top?

Hi @PowerBITesting

Go to the subtotals on the matrix options and search for the subtotals llocation and choose top. By default is on bottom. 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have the same request on the matrix visual, and moved to top for now.  However, end user is asking if it can be "frozen" as it is in the regular table visual.  Even on top, once you scroll down, id goes away...  

Hi @ara0530 ,

In the matrix the subtotals are not fixed has the totals so you cannot froze it.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors