Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michellepace
Helper V
Helper V

Matrix grand total row - make it stick / visible always

Hello,

I have a really long list in my Matrix. In order to see the grand total, I have to scroll a loooong way down. Is there a way I can make the grand total stick, always? I have seen this functionality. I just cannot remember how to do it. 

ss.png

Regards, Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @amitchandak and @vanessafvg. Thank you both taking the time to reply. If I set the row position to the top, it still isn't stick. That is, when I scroll I loose sight of it. I have however figured out how to stop this happening. But it only works when using a stepped layout.

Solution:
Below are the settings which achieves what I want. Putting it there should anyone else need them.

sticky_bottom.png

Regards, Michelle

PS Thanks @amitchandak for the link to that document. It's given me some great ideas!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@michellepace , Both for grand total and sun total you will option sow on top

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @amitchandak and @vanessafvg. Thank you both taking the time to reply. If I set the row position to the top, it still isn't stick. That is, when I scroll I loose sight of it. I have however figured out how to stop this happening. But it only works when using a stepped layout.

Solution:
Below are the settings which achieves what I want. Putting it there should anyone else need them.

sticky_bottom.png

Regards, Michelle

PS Thanks @amitchandak for the link to that document. It's given me some great ideas!

View solution in original post

vanessafvg
Super User I
Super User I

you can move your row totals to the top by changing the setting row subtotal position to top under the paintbrush settting of the matrix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp 768x460.png

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors