Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

philseim
Frequent Visitor

Matrix filter on a column values

Hi

I have a matrix visual. I am trying to filter based on specific values based on the columns. 

There are about 20 different statuses. Users want the ability to select all values where the Intransit amount is a certain value while StillToBeCaptured is a certain value for example. Users should be able to select any value in any of the different stock statuses.

The problem is that my initial table has the statuses and amounts going down.

I was thinking of creating different measures for each but then there are slicers for measures. If I use a calculated column it taks it on the lowest level but I need it to be at the level of the rows.

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In general, to use a measure in that way, you need to use the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks that's very useful. However in this case I need to select values so one column could be 0 and another column could be anything over 100. I need to do different combinations based on the column

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.