cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Matrix filter on a column values

Hi

I have a matrix visual. I am trying to filter based on specific values based on the columns. 

There are about 20 different statuses. Users want the ability to select all values where the Intransit amount is a certain value while StillToBeCaptured is a certain value for example. Users should be able to select any value in any of the different stock statuses.

The problem is that my initial table has the statuses and amounts going down.

I was thinking of creating different measures for each but then there are slicers for measures. If I use a calculated column it taks it on the lowest level but I need it to be at the level of the rows.

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Matrix filter on a column values

In general, to use a measure in that way, you need to use the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Matrix filter on a column values

Thanks that's very useful. However in this case I need to select values so one column could be 0 and another column could be anything over 100. I need to do different combinations based on the column

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors