Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tracyhopaulson
Resolver I
Resolver I

Matrix filter has bug issue?

I set the filter on the warehouse to count both the purchase orders and the purchase order lines; however, the count on the purchase orders is not changing regardless of the warehouse selection.  I'm thinking this is a bug since Microsoft launched the new filter feature.  I do not see an option to attach a file to show you, so I'm attaching a picture.  Has anyone experienced this???Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

As I refered when you create a relationship 1 to many the directionality of the filters is from the one side to the many.

The table on the many side can be filtered by any field on the one side but the contrary is not true. For making that you need to have bi directionality on, but having it turn on it will also affect other calculations.

You can activate the bidirectionality using the CROSSFILTER function so making it possible to make the filter from the many side to the one side of the relation.

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards
MFelix.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @tracyhopaulson ,

Making the test on your file the table on the rigth that is based on the table that as the wharehouse so it changes values when you picl the wharehouses, regarding the first table that is based on the Purcharse Orderds, that doesn't have any wharehouse except for the connection from the order lines tables, since this is one side from the relationship and the filter is from this table to the orderlines when you filter on wharehouse the result doesn't change.

This is because the filter is only from the Purchase orders to the Purchase order lines so any filter made on the second table will not affect the first one.

You need to create a bi-directionalty between the two table to have this working, however this can give you strange results best way is to create the following measure:

PO count = CALCULATE(COUNT(PurchaseOrders[PO]);CROSSFILTER(PurchaseOrderLines[PO];PurchaseOrders[PO];Both))

And used it on your table on the left, insetad of the column PO, what I'm doing here is activanting the bi-directionalitty of the filter and making it possible to filter from line order to purchar orders.

Check PBIX file attach redone.

I have added a table with the measure and kept your two other table so you could see the difference (one with yellow line around is with the measure).

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

@MFelix I see what you did and still scratch my head on this one!  I thought I joined the tables using the PO# as the blending source value, and therefore should be able to filter on the warehouse for the counts based on the relationship.  Thank you for the formula... I still need some time to digest this.  Have a great weekend 🙂

Hi,

As I refered when you create a relationship 1 to many the directionality of the filters is from the one side to the many.

The table on the many side can be filtered by any field on the one side but the contrary is not true. For making that you need to have bi directionality on, but having it turn on it will also affect other calculations.

You can activate the bidirectionality using the CROSSFILTER function so making it possible to make the filter from the many side to the one side of the relation.

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards
MFelix.

Regards

Miguel Félix

tracyhopaulson
Resolver I
Resolver I

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=8C3C9A9D28C3A646%21104&cid=8C3C9A9D28C3A646

Hope you guys can open this link to access the pbix file

how do you upload the file to Onedrive without requiring password?

Hi @tracyhopaulson ,

Are you using the Share option of the onedrive? 

try to create a link on wetransfer it will not be availabe after 1 week,

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

sorry, I'm new to OneDrive sharing, please try again... 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkamwyidmjyMaP9SZtloX7cKjes

Hi @tracyhopaulson ,

It's not available. is asking a login. Can you share in a different way?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @tracyhopaulson ,

You can upload the file through onedrive, google drive, wetransfer and similar.

Regarding your question I don't experience any of this errors on my files.

Sorry for the question but is the Wharehouse column that you are using on the same table as the order line or in a table related with the order lines?

This can seem a preety basic question but just looking at the picture I cannot see if there is a relationship between them and just want to take out the simple things first (just debugging :D)

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.