Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Adil
Frequent Visitor

Matrix empty rows at the aggregate level

Hi Community

I trying to replicate an index scores and ranks in a Matrix table to be able to drill down. the index structure is translated as follows:

Level 1: Factrors

Level 2: Pillars (each factor could have 1 or many pillars)

Level 3: Dimensions (each pillar could have multiple dimensions)

Level 4: Drivers (each dimension could have some drivers)

I still get empty rows. for example Factor 1 score and rank are in 2 rows after (see picture below). is there anyway to fix it? 

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Adil,

You may could turn off the stepped layout under row headers, it will show you the Scores and Rank more obviously.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply

is ther a way to make all items in one column (instead of multiple columns while turning off the stepped layout) with their respective scores and ranks?

Also I get the sum of scores and ranks at the higher level instead of their respective values when I drill up. is there a way to fix it?

Best regards

Adil

Hi @Adil,

I'm not very clear about your requirement.

If it is convenient, could you share your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry

Here is the output i want to create:

Picture2.jpg

I want to replicate the same on power BI as a matrix with the possibility to drill down and up between the index hierarchy (i.e Factors to pillars to dimensions to drivers and vice versa) while having all items in the same column without empty rows.

Please note the score and the rank at the agregate level isn't necessary a sum of childs.

Thanks

Adil

Hi @Adil,

Sorry for the delay!

By my test, I'm afraid that we may not achieve your desired output currently in Power BI.

You could submit your new idea in Power BI idea forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.