Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lbecerra
Regular Visitor

Matrix displaying unwanted values at the higher levels

matrix1.JPG

How do i get my matrix to not show the email address and gender at the higer levels -- State and city. As the above clip from a training site demonstrates. When I create a matrix it places the higher levels on separate lines and tries to get a value for each (first of, max etc. ). I do not want this. see below striked out values I do not want the yellow values to appear on the matrix. Thanks in advance!

matrix2.JPG

see below

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nope that was not the solution. Obviously my question was misunderstood. I figured it out -- formatting turn off subtotals - problem solved.!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lbecerra,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to create a measure using HASONEVALUE function to check if it is in the lowest level then show the email address and gender accordingly. The formula below is for your reference. Smiley Happy

measure =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( 'Table1'[CustomerName] ),
    FIRSTNONBLANK ( 'Table1'[EmailAddress], 1 )
)

Regards

nope that was not the solution. Obviously my question was misunderstood. I figured it out -- formatting turn off subtotals - problem solved.!

lbecerra
Regular Visitor

matrix2.JPG

I dont want aggregate values at the county (Atlantic) and city levels (Absecon) see below. (first project type, first pop type)  highlighted in yellow. How do I stop this. I have indicated that project type and pop type are "do not summarize". The values only belong to the lowest level (i.e., Clayton mill Run) .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.