Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix conditional formatting if value is lower then previous year then red

Hey guys,

I have a matrix which displays  count of shipments per month for 2018 and 2019 so for example the row for june will contain 2 numbers that of 2018 and 2019.

Now if the count of shipments for june 2018 is larger then june 2019 then i want the font color of june 2019 be red indicating this. And I want this to be the case for all months. So all values will be white for example except august 2019 or september 2019 because they had lesser shipments then august or september 2018.

Didn't really find an option in the advanced conditional formatting options in the matrix options. Anyone know if this is even possible I feel like this needs to be done with a formula of some sorts. Below is an example of my matrix so in this example august 2019 and september should turn orange #ff8800

.image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Managed to fix it by instead of count using sum in the formale since my table already"counts" the values. 

Condittional formatting =
SWITCH (
TRUE (),
SUM('Export'[COUNT] )
< CALCULATE (
SUM('Export'[COUNT] ),
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR ( DateTable[Date])
), "#ff8800")
image.png
final result
Extra credit to @MFelix  for all the help provided!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.