Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiKeZZa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Matrix column width in IE behaves strange

Hi all,

I've a report with a Matrix visual in it. Displaying a special filtered content in Chrome gives no problems:

matrix_1.png

Filtering the same things in IE (same computer, same resolution, same screenwidth) gives problems with the total:

matrix_2.png

An displaying in Internet Explorer (same computer, same resolution, same screenwidth) without a filter (so the result is much higher) doesn't gives problems with the total:

matrix_3.png

Can somebody tell me how this is caused and how I can solve this?

9 REPLIES 9
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MiKeZZa,

Were you viewing reports on Power BI service site? Or embed report to a website?

Have you ever tried using the Compatibility View Settings on IE11? Also, please try to set IE's Trusted Sites list according to the advice provided in this thread to see whether it works.

You can create a support ticket at this link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

4.PNG5.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. For now signing in at that url doesn't work (it transfers me to PowerBI, where I'm logged in), but on supportURL I keep signed out the whole time...

Maybe a technical thing... I will give it a try later.

Hi @MiKeZZa,

Don't sign in with your account on the support URL I posted above. After directing to this URL, please directly follow the four steps as shown in above images.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

But I miss the 'Didn't find a solution? Continue to support ticket' option... I thaught this came maybe because of that I was not logged on.

Strange; did you make this printscreens recent or are that some older?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@MiKeZZa caused by IE being crap - just avoid it Smiley LOL 

what version are you on?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I know. I never use it, but some of our users do...

It's version 11 where I wa sable to reproduce this.

@MiKeZZa nothing jumps out and very little listed here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-browser-support/

sounds like a potential support ticket item.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

How can I start a support ticket? Is that just a posting in 'Issues' on this forum?

@MiKeZZa  i think under

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  report an issue but not sure, maybe @v-sihou-msft knows?

might need a pro license though?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.