Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

josipinho
Helper II
Helper II

Matrix collumn limit understaning ?

I need some help understanding how and why my matrix is going to behave...

In my report i use Time dimension (D_Vrijeme), I have year, month and day of month as seperate atributes and when i work with just Year and Month in matrix everything is displayed as expected. When I add days, at some point the data is not displayed any further.

To show it here is a snapshot of how my report looks like when only Year and Months are displayed:1.png

Only months that have data are displayed and that is expected. I have data from April to September and that cool.

Now when I want to add days aswell, again only the days that have data are displayed, but not all of the days that SHOULD be displayed. Days displayed are up to august 1., but the rest of the days in august and september are not displayed, even tho they obviously should be:

2.png

When I filter out the month to be August, then my days are displayed, so obviously the data is there, but I have no idea whatsoever why they arent all displayed in the first place.

I guess there is an undocumented limit. I am using 4 calculated measures for each day so that might be the problem (the customer wants it). No idea what the limit is if that even is the problem, so any input would help a great deal

3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @josipinho,

Did you notice the exclamation mark as your second picture showed? Usually it shows a limitation tip. Can you post it here? Or you will find the cause when you see it.

Matrix collumn limit understaning.jpg 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @josipinho,

Did you notice the exclamation mark as your second picture showed? Usually it shows a limitation tip. Can you post it here? Or you will find the cause when you see it.

Matrix collumn limit understaning.jpg 

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I honestly didnt notice the exclamation :S 

Unfortunately it gives me litle understanding into what the hell is hapening. I guess it is some sort of limit but I dont know exaclly what it is

4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.