Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anna-lee
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix chart with drop down options that link to another calculated visual.

Hi,

I'm trying to project results based on multiple changes in vendors across several clients or category. I'm looking to find a way to similar visual as the matrix, but with drop down options to change the vendor names for each instance. This will be linked to a another chart with price that will automatically change as you change the vendors on the matrix visual. Finally, another chart projecting the price would also be linked to these changes. Any route to gain the same results?

First visual where each cell has a drop down option.First visual where each cell has a drop down option.

Second chart is the data set including price that will change accordingly.Second chart is the data set including price that will change accordingly.

Final Result will be a projection of price based off the changes.Final Result will be a projection of price based off the changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anna-lee ,

There is no way for power bi to meet your scenario unless you create multiple slicers to replace each of your cells. And in your measure(for matrix's value), you need to determine the options for each slicer. Each slicer represents a physical field that is required and does not interact with other slicers, so you can only create one table for each slicer. This would seem clumsy, but it works.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anna-lee ,

There is no way for power bi to meet your scenario unless you create multiple slicers to replace each of your cells. And in your measure(for matrix's value), you need to determine the options for each slicer. Each slicer represents a physical field that is required and does not interact with other slicers, so you can only create one table for each slicer. This would seem clumsy, but it works.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft

Would there be no work around that would provide something simliar? And if note, could you please provide an example of your reply above? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.